One of the features of a handmade carpet is that there are a few centimeters of difference in the dimensions of the carpet in the upper and lower parts, which in fact is one of the features of the handmade carpet and is not a disadvantage. An Iranian handmade carpet is woven into three main forms of medallion, shingles and overall flower design.
Handmade carpet; Symbol of Iranian nation
Each nation has a symbolic commodity that the world remembers the nation by mentioning it; the handmade carpet is the symbol of Iranian nation among the races, and the world knows Iran with its handmade carpet and handmade carpet with Iran.
Carpet experts around the world declare that Iranian handmade carpet is the best and most beautiful carpet in the world. Archaeologists and experts believe that the history of texture and carpet production in Iran dates back to the Safavid dynasty ( 1501-1736 AD). Researchers believe that the 16th and 17th centuries were the beginning of the flourishing of carpet weaving in Iran.
About a third of the world’s handmade carpet is woven in Iran, and 30% of the handmade carpet export market in the world is in our country. If you want to purchase a handmade carpet or decide to change your handmade carpet, firstly it’s better to know the necessary points in order to buy a good handmade carpet.
Features of a good handmade carpet
- An Iranian handmade carpet is woven into three main forms of medallion, shingles and overall flower design, that the most popular of which is the medallion design. Most of the carpets that you see in the Iranian houses are the medallion design that have wide margins around and oval and circular designs in the middle. This design in handmade carpets has been inspired from the architecture of the Parthian dynasty.
- In addition to the higher artistic value of handmade carpet compared with machine woven carpets, it has other superior features as well. In general, a handmade carpet has a beautiful luster whether from far or near, and it is radiant.
- One of the features of a handmade carpet is that there are several centimeters of difference in the dimensions of the carpet in the upper and lower parts, which in fact is one of the features of the handmade carpet and is not a disadvantage, but it appears in small rugs. You can ensure the symmetry of the handmade carpets by folding the middle part.
- The symmetry of color is another feature of a handmade carpet that must be considered. When buying a handmade carpet, pay attention to the symmetry of color in symmetrical parts, and be sure to check it under natural light. Note the point that the color of handmade carpet seems darker in the pile direction. Pay attention that the shapes and geometry of the design are not unfinished.
- Another feature of a handmade carpet that can be mentioned is that the pile of it should be brilliant and flexible. If there is a difference between the end of the pile and the color of the surface of the handmade carpet, it is an indication that it has been painted with inky colors, and it may stain. A handmade carpet with rough pile will be cleaned hardly.
- Handmade carpet is the only flooring that gets more beautiful by ambulating on it, light or washing, and never loses its luster, which is one of the features of handmade carpets. Especially if the handmade carpet is painted using natural dye materials. The more a handmade carpet is used, the more financial and artistic value will have.
- One of the features of a handmade carpet is that it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter, but a machine woven carpet does not have this feature due to its plastic materials.
- Another issue is about the color of the handmade carpet. To make sure to buy a desirable handmade carpet, clean a part of it using a humid handkerchief before paying the seller. If the color of the handmade carpet is artificial, it will stain the handkerchief.
- The feature of a handmade carpet is that natural yarn is used for its texture. Certainly, because the handmade carpet materials are taken from nature, and artificial yarn is never used, it will secure your health. It should be said that some artificial yarns are harmful for diseases like asthma and also allergic and dangerous to children. But natural fibers of the handmade carpets do not cause any sensitivity.
- Various designs and colors of handmade carpets gives you mental and spiritual relaxation which is a feature of a handmade carpet. You can choose from thousands of designs commonly used in Persian handmade carpets with a rich variety of colors and enjoy.
- Given the use of wool, silk and cotton as raw materials in handmade rugs, you will never see electricity produced by them, which is also a feature of a handmade carpet, and it is an advantage over many other floorings.
- Another feature of a handmade carpet is the age and durability. The handmade carpet has higher age compared to the other ones, and it has a very high capability of being easily cleaned.
Rate This Post If You Like It